Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

We carved our pumpkin this past Monday for FHE. I will start out by saying that Brad has not been a big fan of carving pumpkins. One year, we were probably only 2 years into our marriage, we carved pumpkins with his brother and sister-in-law. He got pretty frustrated with it and I think I ended up finishing it. Then last year, I wanted to carve a pumpkin and have Addison help. Well, Brad decided not to participate with that one. So, this year I wanted to carve a pumpkin again and have it be a FAMILY project, so that is why I did it for FHE. Brad was very motivated and stepped right in and started preping the pumpkin. After cutting the top off, he had Addison help scoop out the seeds which she didn't end up liking the fact that it got her hands dirty. After scooping out the pumpkin, Brad proceeded to poke the holes in the pumpkin for our pattern (we use the kit with the fancy patterns). Meanwhile, I stood back to watch and take pictures. Then comes the good part. Brad finishes making the pattern and starts to saw away. We choose the cat pattern for our pumpkin. Brad is getting pretty anxious to get this pumpkin finished, so he starts to get faster and faster at cutting. Then all of a sudden, he brakes the tail off. He gets a little up set, but keeps going. No longer then 3 minutes later, a leg brakes off. Brad is now finished cutting and the cat design is not finished. I had to step in and take over to try and salvage the tail-less, 3 legged cat design we carved in our pumpkin. I think that it is safe to say that pumpkin carving isn't Brad's favorite Halloween activity.

1 comments:

twhalliday said...

lol brad cracks me up. when i 1st saw it i thought it was a cat so it came out pretty good.