Thursday, July 9, 2009

Eeeeeek!

We pretty much love where we live, but there is one bad thing about living in the sticks....the bugs and creepy crawlies. Yes, the chiggers and ticks are gross and you don't want to get bit by them, but even worse than them are all the spiders that we have. The other day we found this big guy outside our garage door! In case you can't see the RED hour glass marking, staring you in the face, it's a BLACK WIDOW.


It was dead, (at least we think it was, because it wasn't moving) and I am glad because it was just waiting for the garage door to open so it could go inside and make a nice nest, in say.. the baby stroller or our shoes!!! Even though it was dead I could just picture it jumping out and biting someone, so I wouldn't let Addison get too close.
As I was leaving to go to town I made Brad direct me, so that the tire of the Pathfinder would run it over and smush it to smitherines as I was backing out. Let's just hope that their isn't babies or it's mate running around lurking outside my door!



My house key beside it to show it's actual size


1 comments:

Karla said...

Oh my goodness that is so gross I couldn't look at the picture for very long. That made my stomach turn. YUCK!